The David Fraser Radiology Research Foundation was established in 1983 with the goals of developing the research activity of the Dalhousie Department of Diagnostic Radiology and increasing collaboration with other well-established research programs.
The Foundation accomplished its objectives through a number of programs over the years including:
- Salary support for a Department of Diagnostic Radiology research assistant
- Summer studentship research awards
- Support for publication fees
- Direct research grants for Departmental researchers
- Salary support for AI data engineering personnel
Today the Foundation’s primary source of income is through donations from practicing Radiologists.
Potential supporters can contact the foundation though the Chair’s office.